Arrowhead Physical Medicine
Medical Center located in Peoria, AZ & Tucson, AZ
Wound Care Treatment Q & A
Are You Battling a Hard-to-Heal Wound?
UltraMIST is an ENERGY FIRST Advanced Wound Healing Option.
Non-healing Wounds can be Challenging
Chronic wounds may persist for weeks, months, or years. If you have a nonhealing wound you may experience:
- Dead tissue in your wound
Your Non-healing Wound Could be Caused by:
- Poor blood flow
- Poor Nutrition
- Infection (or high levels of bacteria)
Do you have a wound that has not healed?
- Do you ever experience pain in your wound?
- Has your wound gotten infected?
- Do you have difficulty doing your daily activities because of your wound?
- Have you had your wound for a long time?
What Is Ultramist Therapy?
Clinically Proven Treatment
UltraMIST Therapy is a clinically proven treatment that delivers low-energy ultrasound to your wound. A fluid/saline mist is used to deliver the ultrasound so there is no direct contact with the wound. Unlike most wound products that just treat the surface, the sound waves of UltraMIST Therapy penetrate into and below the wound to promote your normal healing process.
How does UltraMIST Therapy Work?
Sometimes wounds will ‘stall’ which slows down the healing process. Ultrasound energy helps ‘jump-start’ the cells in the wound and begin the healing process.
- The ultrasound waves can also reduce the bacteria (found in all wounds) that can slow healing.
- Because it does not require contact with the wound, UltraMIST is painless to apply. Some studies have even shown reduced pain after UltraMIST Therapy is applied.
What Type of Wounds can UltraMIST Therapy be Used for?
UltraMIST Therapy has been clinically proven to promote the healing process across a wide range of chronic and acute wounds including:
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Deep Tissue Pressure Injuries
- Surgical Wounds
How Long does the Treatment Take?
- The treatment time takes between 3-20 minutes depending upon the size of your wound.
- UltraMIST Therapy can be used alone or with your current treatment in the hospital or outpatient clinic.
Arrowhead Physical Medicine is the leader in wound care treatments. Covered by Medicare and most advantage plans.